We all face those weird moments when everything around us seems totally gloomy. We don’t feel like smiling because the heart is sad and doesn’t that hurt terribly?
This sure does happen to me a lot and that’s when my heart craves for small treats.
This post isn’t about comfort ‘food’ literally, but about my version which includes things or people or stuff I do which can make me feel better when I’m all down and out.
So, here’s the list….
1) Food – ofcourse! 😉
For me it includes mainly chocolates and ice-creams! These two things can cheer me up big time! And stuff like chicken tikka, manchurian, chop suey, pasta, chaat ….. yummm :p heaven!
2) Coffee & iced tea – these two are MAJOR stress bursters for me! I have a bad addiction to iced tea !!!
3) Reading / writing – why do you think I’m writing right now, after quite a long time!!
Aah! How writing calms me down…. I have no words for the feeling of elation I get after filling sheet after sheet 🙂 it just takes out all the excess energy and makes me feel relaxed.
4) Shopping – even window shopping can do the trick 😛
Just looking at those beautiful clothes, accessories makes my heart smile!
5) Make-up – yes you read it right!!
Those who know me, can tell I don’t use a lot of makeup but yet I love it 🙂
Talking or reading makes me so… I don’t know… I kind of enter a trance just thinking about what all I want to buy. It might just be a present craze of mine but I’m loving it ❤
Buying cute makeup products excites me like a small child with a new toy !! just this month I’ve bought 4-5 new stuff and already have a wishlist which is growing by the day.
( and I’m soon starting a blog dedicated to my makeup musings … teehee 😛 have already created a new account )
6) A loonggg bath – I’m sure a good long bath calms down most people after a tiring day, but for me I love it even at the start of the day. I just engulf myself in a lot of fragrances and take a long bath. It makes me feel all happy-happy the whole day 🙂
7) Talking to someone close. ❤
8) Crying – crying seriously isn’t a bad thing. Alongwith your tears, all the excess energy too runs down.
Do you know why all these things make me feel good? The only reason I can come up with safely is that they provide distraction! Yes that’s all these ‘comfort food’ are capable of. They wash off all the anxiety bringing me down from the hyperactive state I am in.
Of course the problem is still there, and is still unsolved. But I’m definitely in a much better state mentally to think and to sort out my life.
P.S. writing this post definitely helped me solve my current dilemma!